• What is the application process for international students and what is the time duration before I can get my letter of acceptance?
    • Student accesses information regarding JTI on the web, via an agent or from Job Training Institute direct
    • Prior to enrolment the student must read from JTI website or marketing materials forwarded to them the following information:
  • Requirements for acceptance into a course (including English levels, qualifications, work experience and course credit opportunities).
  • course content and duration, qualifications on offer, modes of study, and assessment methods
  • campus locations and a general description of facilities, equipment, and learning and library resources available to students
  • Grounds, on which the student's enrolment may be deferred, suspended or cancelled.
  • Indicative course related fees, including the potential for fees to change.
  • Information on accommodation options.
  • Schooling obligations and options for school-aged dependents, including that school fees may be incurred.
  • Documented procedures in place for assessing students' qualifications, experience and English language proficiency.
  • Requirement for a description of the ESOS framework as provided by DEEWR.
    • Student completes Application of Enrolment Form and collects other documents relevant to the application i.e. certified evidence English language level, copy of the student’s passport and any other supporting documentation. This is forwarded to JTI for initial assessment.
    • Application of Enrolment Form is not accepted without appropriate supporting documentation. All International students are required to submit the following with their Application of Enrolment Form:
      • An authorised copy of their visa (If applicable)- If no visa is available at the time, a conditional offer would be made.
      • Evidence of English proficiency
      • Any other supporting information such as previously attained qualifications
      1. An International student’s English proficiency is required to be evidenced by a recognised English Language testing score (IELTS = 5.5) or equivalent.
      1. If the applicant cannot produce a satisfactory IELTS score and there are doubts about English language skills to cope in an academic environment, JTI will advise the applicant to enroll in an English (ELICOS) course for an appropriate duration.
      2. The Student Support Coordinator assesses student’s enrolment documents and checks them for completeness and gets the International Department Head (IDH) to sign the letter of offer, and this together with the student acceptance agreement are sent to the student.
      1. Once the IDH is satisfied with the information supplied, the Letter of Offer and thestudent acceptance agreementwill be created for the student. These documents are then forwarded to the student for signing.
      1. Upon receipt of the signed student acceptance agreement, signed student letter of  offer acknowledgement , the tuition fee deposit and enrolment fee, the student’s information is entered  into  PRISMS  and  an  electronic  confirmation  of  enrolment  (ECoE)  is  created  and forwarded to the Student along with a welcome letter outlining what the student is required to do upon arrival in Australia.
      1. The student submits this Coe alongside their passport, proof of funds and other necessary documents to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) either online or at the nearest DIBP offices (Embassy).
      1. The timeframes vary depending on how quickly the student goes through the above steps.
      2. Which are the admission months for international students?
      3. How can I check the progress or current status of my application?
      4. If a student wants to transfer credit from one institution to another, how does one go about this?
      5. Are standardized tests required for international student admission?

JTI has 4 intakes of International students in a year. To get the actual date of the next intake, contact your agent or call us on +61 3 9212 3535 or email international @jti.edu.au

Contact your agent or call us on +61 3 9212 3535 or email international @jti.edu.au

We follow standard 7 of The National Code 2007 which is about TRANSFER OF STUDENTS BETWEEN PROVIDERS. JTI has a policy and a procedure to follow in this.

Please refer to the link below.


See the enrolment process above.

Entry requirements for all international students

Student must be 18 years of age and demonstrate language, literacy, and numeracy proficiency. Applications are considered on the basis of the following:

      • ILETS score 5.5 no single band score less than 5.0 (Individual Support), 6.0 no single band score less than 5.5 (Nursing) or equivalent
      • Minimum of 12 years of schooling
      • Post-secondary educational achievements
      • Work-based experience
      • ILETS score 6.0 no single band score less than 5.5 or equivalent
      • Minimum of 12 years of schooling
      • Post-secondary educational achievements
      • Work-based experience
      • ILETS score 5.5 no single band score less than 5.0 or equivalent
      • Minimum of 12 years of schooling
      • Post-secondary educational achievements
      • Work-based experience

Entry Requirements for international student for Diploma of Nursing:

Entry Requirements for international student for Individual Support:


      1. What are the Admissions Office Hours?
      2. How many courses do you offer to International students?
      3. What is the education pathway if I decide to continue my education further in Australia?
      4. What would be the degree choices that I would be eligible for?
      5. What is the career pathway within Australia for graduates of these courses?

9am-5pm Australian time

Time Zone of the respective agent

Two courses:

HLT54115 Diploma in Nursing &

CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support

Certificate III in Individual Support has a pathway in Diploma of Nursing or any other Health and community services related course.

Diploma of Nursing has a pathway in Advanced Diploma of nursing and/or Degree of Nursing or any other Community and Health related degrees.

Different universities have different times of admissions throughout the year and JTI International Department will guide the student to the various university intakes. The International student Coordinator will assist the students in this respect.

See the answer above. There is a wide choice of Degrees that students can enrol into.

      • Graduates of Certificate III in Individual Support work in Aged Care facilities, Nursing Homes, Home and community settings and sometimes in Hospitals.
      • They have different titles some of which are:
      • Personal Care attendant
      • Home and community Support worker
      • Workers in this occupational group work in the community under regular supervision within clearly defined organizational guidelines and service plans.
      • These workers carry out activities related to the maintenance of an individual’s personal care and/or activities of living.
      • These workers report directly to a supervisor and are not responsible for other workers.

Graduates of Diploma of Nursing work in Hospitals or Aged Care facilities as Enrolled Nurses (EN). They have to be accredited by the Nursing Board of Australia before practising as Nurses. JTI will guide the students in the process of Enrolment.

      1. Is the accreditation for these courses recognised in my country?
      2. What are the application requirements for courses offered to international students?
      3. What scholarships are available at JTI? How can I be considered for an award?
      4. Who is my local admissions representative?
      5. Do international students get financial aid and if so what is the application process?
      6. Will applying for financial aid hurt or delay my chances of admission?
      7. What support would I expect from JTI if I wanted to proceed to University or to apply for work permit?
      8. How can I support myself financially while studying at JTI?
      9. What assistance does JTI offer to prospective students while applying student visa?
      10. Does JTI have support services for people living with a disability who are prospective and/or current students?
      11. Do I require a passport before I commence the application process?

Student needs to confirm with their respective nursing Boards for the process of recognition

See the enrolment process above (No. 5)

JTI currently has no scholarships running, but students will be informed if these become available in future.

You can talk to JTI International department direct on +61 3 9212 3535: email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or contact your local agent.

See JTI website under international for more details www.jti.edu.au/International/education agent list

Not at the moment, but if this becomes available students will be informed.

Not applicable

For admission to university, JTI International student coordinator and the International Department Head will advise the students on universities that have the courses the student want to pursue.

International students can work in Australia 20 hours per week while school is in progress, and do not require a permit to work, so long as they have a valid student visa.

After their course is over, if they want to work in Australia, they have to contact Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP). The best place to start is their website which is http://www.immi.gov.au/Pages/Welcome.aspx

Students are allowed to work for 20 hours per week when school is in progress and full time during the holidays.

The respective agents will normally get all documentation from the student and submit these to DIBP on behalf of the student.

For onshore students:

They can easily apply for a student visa online.


For offshore students:


JTI encourages Students living with a disability to apply for all courses.

To support these students JTI will follow our access and equity policy.

Yes you require a valid current passport before taking your documents to DIBP for issuance of visa. But you can start the course application process as you process your passport.


Get in touch with us